Tuesday, July 19, 2016

New Countertops!

Who cares if the Republican party is a laughingstock of bozos who have betrayed anyone with actual conservative values?  I've got new countertops!

Ta da!

A funny story.  Yesterday morning when the tile guy showed up he had all these long tile countertops in the back of his pick up.  When Rick went out to go to work he saw it and called me out.  We were surprised at the pattern because it looked a bit different than we remembered but we had only been looking at a small square of it.  Looking at it on a long counter gave us a different perspective.  It had a lot more swirlingness to it and more white.  We really liked it!  We thought, wow, we shouldn't have been so worried we wouldn't like it. This will look great!

Then the tile guy said, no that's not yours.  Yours is on the other side.  So we went around, and sure enough it was the exact same pattern that we'd seen on the little sample tile.  So then Rick and I looked at each other like, uh oh.  Are we really going to hate this countertop once it goes in?

But!  Once it went in, we really did like it.

Choosing countertops and tile is too stressful for me.  All that money and I have no idea what I am doing.  It is very nerve-wracking.  So glad I didn't go into interior design.




I do think its pretty!

The workers were excellent and no damage to the tiles.  However, we will have to have an extra thick grout line along where the countertop meets the wall.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I have 2 bathrooms in desperate need of re-doing, but I have done nothing because I cannot make decisions.

    ReplyDelete