Happy first of June!
Poor R worked very late last night. He had a brief to finish and then he had to get up early this a.m. to take a train to Wilmington DE to meet with (new?) clients. He's already gone. Looks like it will be another late night too.
Fed pets - Tillie is still off her food. Worried about that dog.
Read from Deuteronomy and Church Fathers. Dt cracked me up. Moses is telling the Israelites - go ahead and kill all the male enemies and take their children and women for spoils, but don't cut down any fruit trees!
Worked a bit more on the Latin syllabus. Meeting Rosario this a.m. to go over things.
Drove to the meeting. Met for almost 3 hours. Pretty productive but there is lots to do!
Came home. B was studying, slightly better than yesterday, she's not as pale. S was also studying. He asked me to quiz him so I did.
Ate leftovers for lunch.
Off and on dealing with religious awards issues that are cropping up in my email. Sheesh, am I NOT doing this again next year.
Took B to her voice lessons. Tried to read Aquinas Catechism in car but got too drowsy in the heat.
Came home. S has resolved his own harmonica issue! He called Suzuki's customer service and they told him to send it in for them to repair, takes 1 to 3 weeks. And with his own money he bought a cheaper, smaller harmonica to play.
S was in a let's get this history test over with mood. I thought he should review more. He insisted so he took it. And then immediately regretted it. He kept saying, I didn't very well on that history final.
Meanwhile B has been studying and studying but going very, very slowly with everything.
Took S to piano lessons. Went on a nice walk while he was there. Weather was warm but dry and there was a nice breeze. Nice summery day. Came home. Made two types of mac and cheese for dinner. One white cheddar with leftover chicken and one just regular old box of mac n cheese.
B dragged herself to me and asked if I'd help her study. So we started up but while I was checking something on my laptop I noticed I got an email from the research prof saying I had 0 points because I had missed an assignment deadline. Gulp! I thought it was due on the weekend! I looked and looked and couldn't see where it said the deadline was. Shoot. Fortunately, I had written up most of the assignment last weekend, so I just tweaked it a bit and then submitted it. Boy was that a confidence shaker. This always happens. I think I am on top of things and then I am not! I think that is my ADD issue (one of them).
Started baking chicken for homeless shelter (I bake chicken for 16 every first Thursday of the month). Realized I had no aluminium roasting pans to carry in the chicken in to the church tomorrow morning. Ran to store to get that and a few other things, like ice cream. Came home. Everyone loved me because I brought various flavors of Ben and Jerry's.
Rick came home. Turns out he drove to Delaware and back because the rush hour traffic this a.m. was so bad he wasn't going to make it to the train on time. He was exhausted and kept dozing but then we started watching that new quiz show 500 questions, which we have quickly become addicted to. Wound up not getting into bed until about 11:30. Crazy foolish!
No comments:
Post a Comment