I forgot to take before pictures of our ugly master bathroom before they started demolishing it. But Rick took this one.
Here's what the sink area in the 'dressing room' looked like.
Now it looks like this:
I am really excited! How I hated those ugly plastic, gray corner shelves. They were full of pill bottles, etc. I wanted something I could shut a door on. I hated those ugly lights above the sinks. And the medicine cabinet in the middle of the wall o mirror was annoyingly shallow but long so it would knock over things like the the freestanding towel rack or any tall bottles that might be there on the counter.
I don't have before pictures of the other elements of this remodel.
Here's what our walk in closet looks like sans shelves and one wall and everything that was stashed in it. It looks much bigger!
We are going to have built in bookshelves on the other side of the wall (bedroom side) on the left. the closet will be narrower but longer. We are going to go to California Closet or some such place and get built in shelves, etc to make the closet more usable. It was just a big area with one shelf and a hanging bar going around the periphery, so not a good use of space.
The guys didn't demo this yet. This is the broken tub that we never liked. It took forever to fill, ate up all the hot water, was incredibly noisy (like you could hear the jets all over the house) and it leaked and ruined our newly redone powder room below it. We are getting rid of it. We are just going to have a regular tub and then a nice steam shower instead.
Here's where our forever running toilet was. No matter how many times Rick would run to Home Depot and get new parts, within a few weeks/months it would begin to run again. Good bye, good riddance!
We are also getting rid of the shower. But my phone died and I am too lazy now to go and get the photo off of it. Besides, the workmen will be here in 15 minutes and I need to run and get dressed!




The before picture looks even worse with me in the mirror.
ReplyDelete