Saturday, April 30, 2016
Catholic A2Z - Z is for Zeller (Plus BONUS!)
I am cheating here (again!). I could have put Dom Hubert van Zeller under 'v' but I just couldn't pass up that lovely Z in Zeller!
I remember many years ago being overwhelmed by lots of babies and toddlers and the discouragement that comes with realizing I would never, ever be a good housekeeper. I just didn't get that homemaking gene. So all my motherly life I have had to struggle against the current of my own tendencies and try to do things just alien to my nature. It's a silly little cross to bear, but a cross nonetheless. When someone first told me I should read Holiness for Housewives, I thought: WHAT? A monk giving me advice on being a stay at home mom??? But I bought the book anyway and wow. I just remember how much love I felt coming from it. Dom van Zeller must have loved his mother or his sisters (or both!) very much. Or somehow the Holy Spirit gave him a gentle wisdom in this regard that truly comforted me. Ever since I've been meaning to read other books by Dom van Zeller but have not. My to-be-read pile is the size of Mount Everest!
************
Wrapping things up today, I would like to say THANK YOU to the A to Z April Blog Challenge folks who created this opportunity and community! God bless you!
BONUS!
And I just thought I'd mention in this last April A to Z blog challenge post, the other blogs I really enjoyed over the course of this month:
The Doglady's Den - if you are a dog lover - this is for you! I loved learning about the different types of dogs and was very pleased she featured Shelties for the letter S as my own little Tillie is one.
The Squirrel Nutwork - loved reading about nature in my own neck of the woods.
Travel with Archie - I enjoyed this informative trip around the U.S. A. learning about various cities, some of which I've visited and some I want to now that I've read about them!
My Two Blessings - I have so much affection for Robin, whom I've never met, but who brought the Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge into my life. She has been a blessing to me! Robin loves the written word, through books and through her love of writing. Check out her blogs!
Kristin King Author - This AtoZ challenge is a fascinating focus on Irene Kucholick, who survived WWII and life in Soviet dominated East Berlin. Don't miss this!
History RoundAbout - My friend Kathryn talks about her job as archivist in England. I learned so much!
I wish I could have visited more blogs. April has been a crazy month for us with a long term house guest, a massive bathrooms renovation starting up, plus the regular homeschooling teenagers thing and my outside teaching duties. It's been tough posting every Monday through Saturday!
And now onto May when I officially begin studying for my Masters in. . . you guessed! Catholic Theology!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aw, thank you darlin' . Hugs and love to you as well. Look forward to hearing about your journey studying catholic theology. I'll be living vicariously through you. Thank you for all your wonderful posts and contributing to the delinquency of my pocketbook. :).
ReplyDeleteThere's no rule to say you have to be a homemaker, especially if the thought of it makes you feel bad!
ReplyDeleteDebbie