I'm just noting ideas about next year for Josh and what seems to be falling into place:
1. Josh really wants to get a part time job. This summer he'll get his driver's license so he'll be able to get himself back and forth to work. So when he gets back from his month in Spain, he'll need to start looking. He'll need to figure out how many hours he can work and when he'll be available.
2. Josh, of course, is planning on being part of CLC again next year so that is every Wednesday evening as well as some weekend events.
3. Tuesdays and Thursdays for Josh will be major school days - he'll have his math tutor coming at 10:00 for Advanced Math, then we'll run to Latin class, then a quick lunch on the road and then onto his Physics class which is over at 3:30. He's looking forward to Physics as really that is his favorite area of science.
4. On Sunday afternoons, Rick is going to teach Josh and another teen boy, Government and Economics. Government will be in the fall semester and Economics in the spring. I want the boys stay after for 30 minutes and watch this Teaching Company lecture series I have but have never watched all the way through: Natural Law and Human Nature.
5. Folded in between these foundational elements of next year's plans are other things. For instance, I want him to drive Sean to classes on Monday morning. I want the boys out doing something useful while I am at Aquinas Learning with Becky! I think Josh should take Conversational Spanish to keep his knowledge of the language fresh from his immersion experience in Spain. He could also take art if he wishes. Hopefully Sean will be taking Algebra I.
6. I'd like to be able to meet with Josh most Fridays at some point during the day to watch The American Identity lectures and discuss American Literature we are reading.
7. I hope Josh is on the yearbook committee again. That was fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment