Bikes: the spring weather has returned and my kids have suddenly taken out their long neglected bikes and they are biking all over the place. Will is home from music college (where I might brag he is on the Dean's list and also received an email from one of his teachers (who played for many years with Chet Atkins and also wrote the music to one of the Zoombini games!) saying that for the first time ever in his teaching career, a student of his, um, that would be Will, got 100% on his guitar performance final). Will doesn't like to drive very much, but he is used to the hyper-social life of living in a college dorm, plus he's used to walking around the streets of Boston all the time. So here he is back home stuck in suburbia where you really can't go anywhere without driving. He's also back in his old bedroom with his adoring younger siblings who won't leave him alone. So he's taken to biking everywhere and he's catching up with his long time friends who are also back from college for the summer. I don't know how educational bikes are, but they are great exercise and a gateway to the world so I think they can legitimately get listed under the strewing category. Both Sean and Becky are also biking a lot too, following Will's example.
Books: Started the reading routine yesterday, which actually wasn't much of a change from the way we usually do things, just now I'm more conscious of it. Joshua hadn't been doing any reading though, so I asked him to. He's decided to reread Swallows and Amazons. Good choice! One year, many years ago, maybe eight or nine, Rick read most of the Swallows and Amazons series to Josh. It was a nice bonding time for them. So I think it is great to revisit those books. Another neat thing is that Will introduced us to a new author, a Canadian Economics professor, named Stephen Leacock, who wrote hysterical funny nonsense books. He's been reading these stories out loud to Becky and Sean.
![]() |
| Since I seem to have a begins-with-b-theme going here, here's Becky being a ballerina. |
So what's strewing in your home?

No comments:
Post a Comment