Friday, May 6, 2011

Weekly recap - 5/1/11 - 5/7/11

See my little Mary Garden?  I weeded it!




Sunday- Rick took all 4 kids from the 18 yo to the 9 yo to Baltimore.  They checked out the aquarium, walked around downtown, attended 4:30 pm Mass at the Basilica and met up with Granddad and his lady friend for dinner.  I got to chill with Aunt Jackie (which means going to Mass with her, grocery shopping, praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet at my parish, napping and cooking a dinner for just two!).

Monday - Read alouds on NT and Romans, did a little Latin and little cursive, Sean learned about converting fractions to decimals and subtracting decimals as well as some review on adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers.  Becky did a little bit of work on times tables.  She was suddenly longing to hear the first chapter of Little Men because she claimed it was her favorite first chapter ever.  So I found it on my handy-dandy kindle and read it to her.  Made her very happy.  Becky and I worked in the garden and then she washed the car for me!  Josh did two sets of cards for Bio on Saturday so he could be free Sunday.  Spent Monday trying to get back into the groove of cards again.  Did Latin homework in the pm.

Tuesday - Art class for Becky, Latin class for Josh and me.  Will vegged, Sean did a little cursive, math and Latin.  He's have real trouble getting into the book I assigned.  Becky played over at her friends house most of the afternoon.  Sean's still into gamemaker.  Josh is working hard trying to catch up on his Biology class.

Wednesday - Did a little bit of academic stuff in the a.m.  Long, boring, rainy day actually.  Josh spent the entire day doing one chapter's worth of vocab cards.  It was that kind of day.  However, he did go to CLC in the p.m. and Sean, Becky and Daddy were very excited that the new Rick Riordan books arrived.  I've been reading The Moffats to Becky as well.  Sean has openly rebelled against the book about St. Francis.

Thursday - gorgeous day!  Didn't do anything academic.  Went to dental appts in a.m. then out to lunch together, then ran some errands.  Spent a while in the garden weeding and just putzing around.  Finished The Moffats and moved directly onto The Middle Moffat.  I wanna live in Cranbury!  Will spent all day in town at the music school.  Josh took his spring tree lab photos for Bio.

Friday - Josh went to Bio study group and Bio class (lab today).  Tennis at 1:00 for everybody.  This evening Josh has his last teen leadership/cooking meeting for 4H and then we scoot to go see skits based on Shakespeare that our friend who does history/lit with Josh is in.

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow.  The first Farmers Market of the season!  Yippee!  Also, Becky has her class Art Show.  But I can't remember if it is tomorrow or Sunday.  Guess I'd better find that sheet of paper. . .

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week! My younger dd read Ginger Pye and loved it. She would probably love The Moffats too. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you over from 4Real. I can't wait to look around.

    {I'm a new follower too, please stop by my blog and return the favor.}

    ReplyDelete