- My 20 year old daughter has returned from her semester in Rome. She's happy to be back home in the U.S. She's full of stories about her travels. She's shown all the kids her Euros and 'cents' (that's what they call their smaller than Euro coins. I didn't know that!). The other day she was trying to figure out how much oil to put in the car and she kept trying to convert quarts to liters! Then she realized she didn't have to!
- Another exciting thing for my 20 year old: she got a summer internship with the National Right to Life organization. She'll be working 40 hours a week and hopefully earning up to 6 credits for her Politics major electives. She is VERY excited about this. She starts tomorrow.
- I've been nagging and nagging my almost 19 year old to get a job. To no avail so far. However, there are two boys in a nearby neighborhood who need someone to watch them this summer. And it looks like Will might wind up doing that. I think that will be good enough for his summer before college.
- Josh got accepted at the Catholic University New Frontiers High School Program. That means he'll spend a week in July living at CU with other high schoolers interested in learning about engineering as a field of study and career.
- Josh and I just completed the last fundraiser for his workcamp coming up at the end of June. He'll go with other parish teens to a small town in PA to help refurbish houses for a week.
- Josh got a 93 on his big Biology final. He's doing really well with his SAT Subject test practices. He takes that test on 6/4.
- Seano continues to obsess on videogames. We've been taking lots of walks together and he educates me on their history and development :)
- Becky's art class winds up this week with an ice cream party. Today is her last American Heritage Girl meeting for the year. We opted not to go on the camping trip next weekend. Our beloved little town always has a big fair Memorial Day weekend which the kids love to go to and we didn't want to miss that!
- Big news! This week we'll have our first info night for our new one-day-a-week-mentoring-program. Our center, which will be opening next fall, has been dubbed Adler Academy. I'm the 'coordinator' meaning I show up and make sure everything runs smoothly. The program is called Aquinas Learning and centers are starting up in several states now. It is kind of the Catholic answer to Classical Conversations.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Exciting Stuff That Is Going On Around Here!
I just haven't been in blogging mode lately. I hope to get back into the groove soon but I feel too discombobulated right now to focus on it much. But since my husband had to get up at an ungodly hour to get to a business meeting in New Jersey (which of course woke me up too!), I thought I'd take the time to blog. My last post was all about my uncertainty and I still need to think things out, however, right now I want to note all the positive, exciting stuff that is going on right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats to H! That's awesome! And be sure to tell me more about that program Josh is doing - one of mine might be interested...
ReplyDelete