Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring Cleaning My Mud Room or Clean House, Where Are You?

Inspired by Willa and Mystie, I decided to tackle my disgusting mud/laundry room.  Not cleaned for almost a year, I think.  Really, really gross!

So gross, I could only bear to take one picture and notice how I didn't take pictures of the insides of the closets, especially the one that houses the kitty litter box. (You didn't want to see that anyway!)  There are no close ups because, it was too painful for me.  So I quick snapped this and got to work.




Things I did:

Put away the load of laundry that was sitting on top of the washer

Ran two load of clothes in the hamper and thrown on the floor.

Hung up coats and snowpants that were thrown in a heap.

Put hats, gloves and scarves in cute little basket.

Here's the really disgusting part:  started working on those hampers in the way back that were full of old miscellaneous clothes, out grown, torn, stained, don't know what to do with kinds of things.  As I was cleaning I saw all these little, well what looked like mouse droppings.  Ugh!  And right back where the cat uses the litterbox.  I grumbled about how useless my cat is.  But upon closer viewing I realized that they were hundreds of little tiny bugs!  Eek, so you know what I did?  I threw all the clothes away.  Just chucked 'em.  Nobody has been missing them anyway. . . . 

Vacuumed thoroughly.

Took  a minivan full of cardboard recycling to the recycling center.

So here are the after pictures:

Bugs were living here but now they're gone!

Shot of slightly cleaner/tidier laundry room.  Could still use more work though!



Look!   Mittens, hats and scarves!  Probably should actually put these in storage for summer.




Hung up coats and lined up boots.  I didn't take a picture of the floor but that's where all the wrapping paper goes and it is nice and tidy too, now!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great - well done! The bugs were probably a good thing in a way because you didn't have to make any decisions about what to do with the miscellaneous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Natalie said - I bet it was a relief just to toss the whole mess! Remind me to tell you about the mouse droppings in my husband's briefcase in our bedroom some time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouse droppings? We've found dead mice in our boxes of unused and neglected belongings! I feel I should tackle our laundry. It would be so much easier if we had more shelves.

    ReplyDelete