Saturday, April 16, 2011

Redeemed by Heather King - Book 19

Redeemed: Stumbling Toward God, Sanity, and the Peace That Passes All Understanding
I read this book on my Kindle!


Apparently, I'm still on my conversion memoir kick!  This book is the story of how an ex-drunk, ex-lawyer, ex-wife became Catholic and how she tries to live out her faith every day in the hidden, seemingly pedestrian life, of a single, barely-squeaking-by, woman living in LA.  I loved this book.  It is off-beat, profound, joyous and thought-provoking.  I think King is a little off on some of her theology but as we are all works in progress and I'm probably off on some of my own take on things, I gave her some slack!  King's unique perspective also put some aspects of the faith in a new, refreshing light for me.  This book made me feel grateful; grateful to King for sharing her journey in such a compelling way and grateful to God for blessing her with the gift of writing and the gift of seeing grace in suffering.

King also wrote the book Parched which I also highly recommend!  King has a wonderful blog as well.

(See 52 Books in 52 Weeks for more book reviews)

No comments:

Post a Comment