Thursday, March 29, 2018

Spring Exercise Plan

Ok.  I really need to stave off encroaching old age by doing some smart exercising.  Last October when I spent the whole month limping because of an arthritic flair that resulted in my hiking up a rocky mountain trail, should have been enough to keep me consistent.  But no it didn't.  And now my knee is starting to hurt again.  So. . .

1)  I resolve to use my elliptical to strengthen my knees by working at at least a few minutes every other day.  This is my little elliptical I have in the family room.  I can sit and work my knees with no stress from it.  It really helped build muscle around the knee and kept the arthritis under control.

2)  I resolve to exercise - doing the physical therapy guys list of exercises for people like me.  I especially like their core exercises.  And that's what I'm going to focus on.

3)  I already do stretching exercises almost every day because I stiffen up so much, especially in my neck and shoulder area, so the stretching feels really good.  I will continue with the stretching!

4)  Try to walk, at least a few minutes, as many times a week as I can.  Might be for 10 minutes, might be 20 or 30.  Whatever I can reasonably squeeze in.  The weather should be getting nicer out.  So no excuses.

I am making this commitment officially starting April 1st - Easter (just cause I like making resolutions at significant times) through July 1.   Let's see if I can stick with it for 3 months.

1 comment: