Thursday, March 8, 2018

I'm thinking of starting a vlog

This may be a dumb idea.  I'm thinking of doing it for several reasons.

1) It would be to commemorate in a different way, my last year of homeschooling (so it wouldn't start officially until August or something).
2)  I would have to learn new skills which would be kind of cool.
3)  The blog world used to be hopping!  But now it has kind of died down, at least in my obscure corner of it, whereas vlogs seems to be more popular now.
4)  I think having an external, visual record of things would help me get over my extreme laziness/burn out in terms of keeping things tidier around here.  If I know the camera will be on, I think I'll be more intentional and on top of my game so to speak.  At least for a while!

I'm thinking I would still call it Household Diary and there would be different sections I'd sort of 'report' on maybe 2x a week.  I could have clips on: 

Bits and pieces of our current homeschooling
A retrospective on the last 20 years of homeschooling
My philosophy of homeschooling
My favorite read alouds and resources over the years
Zero waste living
Cooking
Gardening
Housekeeping
Books I'm currently reading
Nature/parks we visit
Prayer and spirituality/liturgical year

I keep thinking of other ideas too, for clips.  I don't think others in my family would figure heavily in this, as they are not keen on being on camera especially. 







No comments:

Post a Comment