I made a delicious meal last night.
I got 1 lb of sausage from my local CSA. I browned it up thoroughly (always afraid of raw pork).
I cooked up some Jovial brown rice spaghetti.
I put the browned sausage into some tomato basil sauce (jar - I think it was Newman's Own brand). I only used about 1/3 of the jar because I knew B didn't like a lot of tomato sauce. I let that burble on the stove while I browned up some chopped up shitake mushrooms in olive oil, garlic and salt.
I drained the spaghetti when done (you do have to be careful with rice pasta. It doesn't do al dente well, I've found).
Then I mix in the sausage, tomato sauce and incorporated it all together well. We topped this with the chopped mushrooms.
It was heavenly. Not too tomato-y at all for B and she usually turns her nose up at mushrooms but she loved these!
It was so good, I had it for breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment