Sunday, January 28, 2018

Menu Planning for the week

So we've had a lot of hits and misses.  More misses actually.  I did make homemade gluten free bread.  This tastes good right after you bake it.  Not so good the longer you wait. But I plan to make bread crumbs with the leftover bread.

Last night we had a movie night and had popcorn (made with coconut oil which really tastes good!) and soda.  I am not a big soda buyer so it was a treat.

Now to plan for the week.

I bought a big bag of frozen berries.  I have been avoiding them to be zero waste but I can't make that my focus right now.  B needs those vitamins.  So we can have smoothies.  She rejected the coconut milk but I think we'll try again.  Instead we've been using almond milk, which she does like. 

This morning we'll also have banana pancakes and bacon. 

Dinner - pot roast, potatoes roasted in olive oil with rosemary, Caesar salad

Breakfasts will be either eggs cooked in some way, smoothies or oatmeal.
Lunches are either leftovers, eaten out, or some variation of vegetables soups with nice deli ham or turkey.

Dinners:
Monday - pasta with tomato sauce and sausage, salad with lots of added veggies
Tuesday - cottage pie, salad, applesauce
Wednesday - Baked chicken with rice, veggies, fruit salad
Thursday - Stuffed sweet potatoes (stuffed with shredded leftover chicken and cranberries), salad and veggies
Friday - crab cakes, roasted veggies, carrot slaw

No comments:

Post a Comment