I broke up with the American Solidarity Party. I wish everyone involved well. I truly do. But frankly, I think it has a snowball's chance in hell of really working out. It is a noble project, to try to be be a pro-life for the whole life party. But unfortunately there are too many factions that contain fringe politicos and people who seriously have no idea of what solidarity is supposed to mean. They think it means posting facebook memes but then backstabbing your fellow party member who disagrees with you. It got too dysfunctional for me. I am weak and can get sucked into that behind the back talking, power struggle stuff. I am too emotional. I couldn't figure out how to navigate it. I stuck with it for over a year and it did make me happy and helped me get through the Trump election. I was happy to be involved for a while there, but the dysfunction just got to be too much. It distracted me from what I should really be putting first, here and now in my life. So I left. I am sure people are angry at me. I am sorry. I truly am. I just don't want to be involved in any more tempests in teapots. Too life-sucking.
I am praying for all involved. We are all human and fallen sinners. Me, foremost. I am especially aware of my sins today.
No comments:
Post a Comment