Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Week of Celebrations

In addition to Rosh Hashanah at the beginning of this week, yesterday was H and P's 2nd wedding anniversary.  I looked and looked for photos I could post and could not find one!!!  I searched my computer over and nada!  So I am asking for a good old-fashioned photo album of their wedding for Christmas.  I don't know where all the photos are digitally, but I can't access them, that's for sure.  I would at least like to occasionally look at some kind of photo without having to deal with computers.

Today is Rick's birthday!  Poor guy, he is exhausted from work plus he had to do this debate today at some energy law conference which he is nervous about.  And on top of that both of us had car emergencies yesterday which had us suddenly going to our respective dealerships and getting loaner cars.  So he has to deal with that today too.  

On Friday, Viviane's little son Dylan turns one!!!  So Friday we are having a double birthday (Rick and Dylan) and anniversary party.  The thing is I have to come up with a menu that is something I can cook in the a.m. (but my crockpot broke) featuring foods both Rick and Hannah/Peter like but they are diametrically opposed in taste.  Peter likes anything spicy and Mexican.  I think it is the California influence.  Rick hates Mexican food.  I also am signed up for Adoration between 5-6 p.m.  The only time I could squeeze it in.  I'm telling people to come at 7.

This is really weird but I am thinking of making a big vegetarian taco salad and then also making fettuccine Alfredo with salmon.  The vegetarian taco salad will also feed Sean.  Lemon cake and ice cream for dessert.    I can get all the parts of the taco salad ready and then toss them together at the last minute.  The fettuccine is hard or long to make (I'd get a piece of grilled salmon from Whole Foods to break up and toss into the fettuccine.  I can bake the cake Friday a.m.

The thing I am most prepared for is showering little Dylan with gifts.  I kind of went overboard.  I miss buying fun toys for little kids.  

Maybe I'll ask J to bring balloons home on Friday too.  That will help festive things up!

Hmm.  Still thinking this all through.


No comments:

Post a Comment