Thursday, May 5, 2016

Let's get this party started!

Fall out from the incredibly stupid success of Donald Trump - the GOP is in shambles.  I am actually excited at the prospect of a new party.  I wasn't very happy with the old one anyway.  I've been an independent for a while now.  I think the whole Trump thing has divided the sheep from the goats.  The goats dominated too long with their talk radio hate mongering, jingoistic hypocrisy.

I am definitely in the NeverTrump camp.  Honestly, I'd rather have Hillary in office.  Better the devil  you know than the devil you don't know.  Hillary has been tried and found wanting.  Trump is untried and scary as hell.  And think of it,  conservatives/Republicans would have to be apologists and ultimately bear responsibility for Trump if he's elected.  And Trump will be a worse fiasco then Hillary.  First, he is a liberal, so in that sense he's pretty much interchangeable with Hillary.  They are rich, northeastern Democrats of the 1%.  There was a recent study done of where 1% percenters live and they are living in the bluest states.  Which kind of shows you the difference between what the public thinks of liberals (people who care about the poor) vs. reality (liberals are selfish, rich urbanites - painting with a broad bush here.  I know some very generous liberals.)  But anyway, Trump is unstable and has no impulse control.  He will be a disaster in everything, alienating everyone.  He's too dangerous.  I can't stand Hillary but I don't think she's as unstable.  It is better to let her get elected.  She'll be a weak, messy president.  Then a third party or a reformed Republican party can emerge from the ashes to clean up the mess.

My favorite person in the world right now is Megan McArdle for writing this piece.

My heart goes out to the local and state conservatives who have been totally screwed over by their own party (may it rest in peace).  I learned a new phrase, these folks are 'down ballot,' meaning, I guess they are the ones who don't appear at the top of the ballot.  I feel sorry for those principled conservatives who campaigned and who work long and hard to serve their communities and this is what they get, an untenable, repugnant, liberal-in-disguise to lead the party.  So I feel the right thing to do is shore up those folks right now.

So, when November rolls around, if the vote is close and it looks like my vote is needed (highly unlikely) I will vote for Hillary.  If my vote isn't needed, then I will happily vote third party or write in a candidate.

And really, I am excited about a new conservative party!

Let's get this party started!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment