First of all I don't think I will participate in any of the books challenges going around for 2016. Except, of course, for my beloved 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge. That I will still strive for. And I do have the five year Classics challenge, so I hope to incorporate some of those books into my reading this new year. And I have my own personal challenge of reading through the Bible. So that's plenty. I really, truly hope to start my masters in Theology this summer. I was too overwhelmed this year but once the school year is up I hope I can really focus, and that will take up more reading time.
I am thinking mostly in terms of authors I'd like to read or read more of:
By trying to do the King William's College Quiz, I realized I have forgotten every Lord Peter Wimsey story I've read, except for The Nine Tailors so I'd like to reread all those.
I'd like to read some John Buchan novels too (this is also inspired by making several of his novels answers to questions in the King William's College Quiz).
From reading Minds More Awake, I am inspired to read more books by Louisa May Alcott and George MacDonald.
I'd also like to read more Anthony Trollope. I read Barchester Towers years ago. I think I might go back and reread that and then start on the rest of the series.
For nonfiction - I need to keep up with my husband. I've got to read Alexander Hamilton by Chernow. The musical Hamilton is huge around here because of Becky and my husband read the book a couple years ago and talks about how good it is. And now he is into reading books about Lincoln.
For religious books, I don't have any in mind except for reading more by Father Michael Gaitley.
Right now, I am in the middle of three books all good, but I seem to be in a slump of some sort, so I am reading slowly.
I just rediscovered, to my delight, a book blog that I used to frequent several years ago. It is still going strong! I think I will make it one of my regular blogs to visit. Check out Semicolon, if you haven't already!
No comments:
Post a Comment