Also, yesterday Sean and I went in to see his doctor. I was trying to find out more about the Mood Cure. Well the dr does not like any of the supplements but he did say eating whole, non-processed foods has been shown to help with depression. So he did endorse that. Sean had been fighting me on that saying that I was crazy; that everyone ate processed foods, etc. So the fact the the doctor, who is very conservative about treatment said yes double blind randomized studies have shown that eating whole, non-processed foods is good for controlling moods was a huge thing. I am still really worried about the tapering off the meds. I just like the idea of replacing it with supplements. I was frustrated because we didn't talk very in depth at all. I think I have to schedule a separate appointment. Starting today Sean is going to decrease the meds again. He did experience one very bad migraine when he first cut down last time and also he has been fighting some lethargy and some nausea. Last time he had to decrease the real symptoms happened between 37.5 mg and 25 mg, so I am bracing myself. We go back 8/7.
Becky's show, The Music Man, opened last night! I was not allowed to go per Becky's orders. Hannah was supposed to go instead but for some reason could not make it at the last minute. But my sister Ronnie and her husband went. So at least someone from the family was there. Becky really didn't want anyone to come because she said the first night is when the most mistakes are made. I came down at 2:30 a.m. and she was wondering around the house, talking to herself. LOL. A group of the ensemble had gone out to IHOP after the show. She said she got home around 1:30. So she'd only spent an hour being really wound up. She is so high strung. I don't know how to get her through these next three weeks, when she barely eats or sleeps when a show is on. She just gets paler and paler. If she gets any paler, she'll be transparent! If she wants to go into musical theater, she is going to have to learn how to manage all the excitement better.
Then while Becky was out, we listened to Will's radio show. While I love the show and the fact that these young adults are doing such wonderful things with music, I do think he ought to script the chat part a bit more, plus there were technical difficulties, as in mics not being on, etc. But he had a lovely trio playing Beethoven so that was really nice.
Earlier in the week was a lot of driving to and from the community college, twice a day, to voice lessons and back, to rehearsals every night, to food stores to try to figure out what to feed Sean and failing miserably vs. having many successes.
A list of successes:
- Smoothies - though he can't have these every morning - he basically stops drinking them.
- Spaghetti carbonara made with whole wheat spaghetti. He actually liked it.
- Tuna salad made with Greek yogurt served with cucumber slices instead of crackers
- We actually ate through a big container of sugar snap peas (in their pods) as a major snacking item this week.
- He liked his mid morning snack of cheese wheels, baby carrots and a couple of small squares of 70% chocolate (it is bittersweet which he doesn't like as much - but still, just a little bit seemed to make him happy.)
- Popcorn with coconut oil - great afternoon snack!
- One smart thing I did (though people were still hungry because they said they didn't get enough meatloaf, but, guys, you are supposed to eat the potato and the salad as well as the meatloaf!) was to reserve out some of the ground beef from dinner so that the next day I could make Sean a cheeseburger sans bun for lunch. He did like that.
Failures:
- pastured chicken is tough and boney. Not worth the price.
- living without bread has been the toughest thing of all.
- I swear he used to eat salads when he was little but now they make him gag.
- I just don't seem to be able to plan enough meals. Lunch is the hardest because he wants a sandwich but doesn't like anything but white sandwich bread.
This weekend Rick and I are going to make some whole wheat honey sandwich bread and see how it works. Also this week I am going to try to make muffin quiches which I can freeze and give Sean for breakfast.
I started my reconsecration to Jesus through Mary. That has been the best thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment