I meant to keep up the food diary, but life got busy and it fell to the wayside. I thought for sure I would just eat badly without it and I did eat worse than I had when I was maintaining the diary, but somehow, miraculously, I am still 4 pounds lighter a week later! I do think even though I didn't write things down, there was a spillover effect that made me more conscientious about what I was eating.
So eheu! (I'm getting really into Latin since I help teach it and we've been participating in National Junior Classical League's Certamen - 5th place on Saturday out of 18 teams).
I thought I'd chronicle my paltry, listless attempts at housekeeping this week. I am pathetic at this, but if I force myself to write it down in a semi-public place, maybe it will have the same effect as the food diary and I'll be that much (which means just a little bit!) better.
So, it was a hectic week last week what with taking almost a whole day with Jackie, then being at the co-op all day Thursday and then gone all day Saturday for the certamen, I had some catching up to do, household wise. And Friday was a very low energy day that I basically wasted.
Sunday - got up early and went grocery shopping. Then Mass, then out to breakfast. Came home and piddled around, then had to take Becky to an AHG thing. But for housekeeping I attempted stairs/hallway.
Swept stairs to basement. (Actually I might have done this on Friday. . . . wow, bad memory!)
Dusted woodwork in hall and on stairs
Cleaned up piles of junk that have been in the upstairs hallway for about a year now. The hallway is just wide enough that stuff stacks up on the sides along the wall and people can still pass back and forth (actually we are good at just stepping over things anyway).
Reorganized the giveaway corner
Moved old linens, etc that were supposed to be given away a long time ago and somehow got passed over.
Threw away junk
Straightened the little bookcase in the hallway.
Vacuumed the hallway
Still to do: put aways sleeping bags and a couple of big comforters that are still on one end of hallway.
Vacuum steps.
I think it is kind of ridiculous that it took me that long to just tidy the upstairs hallway and then dust a bit. That's crazy! However, it is nice that the hallway is (mostly) clear now.
Today I'd like to:
(Updated 5:48 p.m.)
Get a couple loads of laundry done and put away (only 1 load washed/dried and not put away)
Finish up hallway/vacuum stairs (done) (I also vacuumed my room and bathroom and Becky's room)
Clean out fridge and get trash to the curb (done)
Give a quick clean up to the powder room (done)
Have the kitchen cleaned before I have to head out to teach RE this evening. (cooking dinner now and cleaning as I go!)
More update - I feel like journaling the homeschool part too.
While Becky had math tutor from 9 to 10, I planned my RE class for tonight.
Around 10:30 we read the first Act of Henry V out loud. She played Ely in the first scene and King Henry in scene 2. I had did Canterbury and all the other characters. She's surprisingly good!
We did about 10 minutes of Latin vocabulary review right after lunch.
Then Becky had to play catch up. She was supposed to write out her outline for her essay on Robin Hood last week but never did it, so she did it today. She worked hard for a good hour on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment