After our miserable Friday, we had some successes over the weekend, though some tears as well.
Saturday a.m. I decided to replace bagel morning with donut morning. The donuts were from Kinnikinnick They were delicious! A definite hit. I put out the chocolate and the cinnamon sugar ones. The chocolates were really good but the cinnamon sugar were really, really delicious. They went first and usually in this house anything chocolate goes first.
Well, donuts don't really hold you for long but on Saturdays we've decided we are doing lunch at Chick fil a. I wasn't feeling well (I was actually sick all weekend and am playing hooky from Aquinas today because I've lost my voice) so I didn't go, but Rick took Becky and Sean (Josh was off on retreat with his CLC group). They had the grilled chicken on fruit salad and the waffle fries. It was a good lunch and GF/CF.
For dinner, I cooked up some lamb tips I'd bought at Trader's Joe's over some basmati rice cooked in chicken broth. The kids ate a little of the lamb but it was too fatty for them. They ate some of the rice, but not a lot. I tried to get some fruit and veggies down them too, but met with limited success. Rick liked everything though! So did I.
Sunday breakfast was easy because we didn't have RE. I am not sure what I am going to do next Sunday. Anyway, I made turkey sausage, scrambled eggs and TJ's gluten free pancakes. The kids didn't like them with syrup because they became too doughy. But toasted and then smeared with pumpkin butter, they were delicious!
Sunday lunch just kinda, sorta didn't happen. I really wasn't feeling well. Rick was helpless in the face of our dietary restrictions, plus he was running errands and helping Sean with math. So the kids got really hungry and weepy and we had to do some stop gap snacking which wasn't very satisfying.
Rick grilled steak, hamburgers and hot dogs. We missed our cheeseburgers. Sean is the only one who likes the rolls. Becky and Josh just ate hotdogs. I had steak and a hamburger. I also cooked up some frozen fries and sauteed lots of mushrooms to go with the steak. I put out some baby carrots and sliced cucumbers. Things went over pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment