I'm like a hamster on a wheel, running round and round and never getting anywhere. Anytime I start to really focus on nutrition and making homemade, healthy meals, other things get neglected. When studies and activities heat up, good wholesome food goes by the wayside and carry out becomes our best friend.
This past week was the first, completely-up-to-speed-academically-speaking and well, we ate a lot of junk. So I am resolved, this weekend, to focus on preparing for the week so we are good to go meal-wise for the whole 21 meals plus snacks cycle. Actually, 22 meals because I'll include tonight's (Friday).
Friday:
Gnocchi in Gorgonzola sauce (okay this is Trader Joe's frozen but Becky requested it and it is already 4 o'clock here so I am letting myself cheat here!)
Big fancy tossed green salad
Applesauce (there's an open jar that must be eaten up!)
Saturday:
B: bagels and cr. ch.
L: sandwiches (lunch meats - roast beef, turkey, ham, pastrami)
D: homemade chicken noodle soup (Becky's request - I actually planned this week while driving Becky to the dentist so it is everything she likes). This means I have to make the chicken broth tonight! I have leftover chicken in the fridge from a couple nights ago. Probably make some bread too, to go with it.
Sunday:
B: breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts (It is our new Sunday breakfast routine this year because I'm teaching RE at 9:30 on Sunday mornings.)
L: Leftover soup and sandwiches
D: Rick grills something, corn on the cob, salad
Monday:
B: eat up last of bagels from Saturday
L: sandwiches again, have to pack lunch for Becky
D: quiche, fruit salad, rolls (make quiche on Sunday evening)
Tuesday:
B: bacon and eggs,fruit or juice
L: fish sticks, homemade fries
D: Shepherd's pie, salad
Wednesday:
B: cinnamon toast, hot cocoa, nice cheeses, fruit
L: leftovers, pb&j
D: roast chicken, rice, steamed veggies
Thursday:
B: sausage and eggs, fruit juice
L: pack a sandwich for Sean, grilled cheese for Becky and Josh
D: pizza
Friday:
B: oatmeal, fruit
L: tuna or pb&j with fruit
D: mac and cheese casserole, veggies, canned peaches
Snacks: popcorn, chips and salsa, trail mix, fruit, drinkable yogurts, granola bars
So here goes! I'm off to the store!
No comments:
Post a Comment