Friday, August 5, 2011

Blogging Plans

I love blogging but I am very inconsistent about it, I find.  So in order to be more consistent, I think it would help me if I had a blogging plan for each day.  So here's what I've been thinking:

Sunday - Book review for the 52 Books in 52 Weeks.  I love doing this!

Monday - for a very short time I was doing Math Mondays where they linked up at someone's blog.  I'd love to get back to that and remember the dear person who was hosting that particular meme (or whatever you call it!).  The good thing about Math Mondays is that it makes me think about math.  Something I don't particularly care to think about much.  Most of the Math Monday folks (or is it Monday Math??) have very little children and they post about fun little games or activities they do.  It is wonderful, but my youngest child is 10 now so a lot of it just doesn't work for us.  So I'll be blogging about anything mathy:  lessons we've done during the week, stuff the kids have said, any math strewing going on, interesting math ideas or books, etc.

Tuesday - I think I'll start my own Tuesday meme.  Tuesday is Strewsday.  Nah, that's really awful!  LOL!  But then maybe it is so awful, it's memorable!   Anyway, on that day I'll really focus on any strewing, successful or not, and conscious or not, that is going on around here.

Wednesday - I'll stick with Wordless Wednesday.  That's quick and fun.

Thursday - I know I've seen a Thankful Thursday theme on other blogs.  I like that.  It puts me in a thoughtful frame of mind and makes me appreciate my blessings.

Friday - I like doing the week in review thing.  I keep changing what I call it though.  I think I will stick with the latest title for it, What We've Been Up To.

Saturday - is blogging free day!  Though I'll probably spend some time reading other people's blogs!

So that's the plan.  Let's see how well I stick to it!

2 comments:

  1. I've been debating whether or not I should give up blogging altogether and then I read this! It looks like a great plan! I love the idea of Strewsday! lol. It's actually so much fun watching what our daughter will just pick up and ask me to read or do. I used to host Math Mondays but love2learn2day does it now. I'm still debating whether to continue blogging publicly...you're really tempted me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joyful! Thanks for filling me in on who hosts Math Mondays. And thanks for doing it in the past! I hope you still blog. It is a great way to feel connected to other homeschoolers and a great way to record/think through things, I find.

    ReplyDelete