Friday, December 3, 2010

Unschooling Moments of the Week 12/3/10

I covered unschooling math in this post.

Here are books we delved into this week:



Wednesday was the first night of Chanukah.  Which means latkes!

And Dreidel!

And chocolate gelt!

Advent continued of course.  Friday, day six = 3 regular stars, one star of Bethlehem and two sheep!

From our Latin Advent Calendar we've learned six Latin words:  spes (hope), nox (night), lux (light), aurora (dawn), pax (peace), infans (infant).

Josh did his usual Latin class, Biology class and math tutor.  We didn't meet for history or literature this week, but he did sorta, kinda do the Chapter 4 test in History of the Church.  Almost done with Augustine!

Will seems to have spent most of the week sleeping or practicing music.  For hours.  And hours.

There was so much more that went on but these are the highlights!

4 comments:

  1. what a cool week. I need to get the kids some dreidels I don't think they have evr had any. Fun week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stack of books. Is Will your 15yo? When my middle grew last year, he slept all the time. My oldest referred to him as a koala!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will's the 18 year old. Still doing the sleeping in trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love everything you're doing for school! Wish I could do school at your house,

    Regena

    ReplyDelete