Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Garden Update

Weeds are still my major issue.  Here's what I've done:


  • Weeded most of the bindweed and some other stuff too.
  • Bought and received my my stirrup hoe and did some weeding.  Works pretty well!
  • Also received my Fiskars Weeder which looks dangerous so I haven't attempted that one yet.
  • I did a lot of weeding (well, a lot for me!) and had to take it easy for a day because my stupid wrists and fingers get all arthritic.
  • Today I push mowed the back yard (which is small).  It was a good workout and so I've taken it easy for the rest of the day.
  • Sadly the birds are enjoying our small blueberry harvest.  Sob.
  • I also talked to the lawn and landscape co. and they will start mowing the lawn again (J had been doing it all spring while furloughed, but now he's back to work and since they have a reduced crew he's working longer hours so I didn't want to ask him anymore.  And S just doesn't do lawns.  He's not that kind of guy.  I guess I'm being sexist here because I or B could possibly do it too but I just don't do noisy, dirty machines with sharp blades and she takes after me).
  • The landscape guys will also take out that bush in backyard
  • mow behind our back fence
  • cut back along the path in the backyard and put in new mulch there.
  • We received the new chicken coop.  As soon as the bush is out, we'll put together the coop and put the chickens there.
  • I got a pet sitter for vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment