Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Why Shoot A Butler? - Book 27

I assume this is a Vauxhall, car from Britain in the 1930s?

I'm on vacation at the beach.  I spent a day sitting under a beach umbrella reading Footsteps in the Dark, not realizing that UV rays bounce off the sand and get you even if you are completely in the shade!  Got really bad sunburn on my legs.  So yesterday I spent most of the day recuperating in bed and lapped up Why Shoot a Butler? in a day!

This is a reread for me and I remembered the main character pretty well.  This book, unlike Footsteps in the Dark, was typical Heyer all the way.  Our hero, Frank Amberley, is typical of Heyer, smarter than anyone in the room, jaded and arrogant, he's also brave, witty, and has almost super powers when it comes to sleuthing out the bad guys.  This story just rockets along with lots of twists and turns, fun characters, witty dialogue, and simply wonderful wordsmithing.

A really fun read.  For more book reviews, go to Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment