Friday, May 11, 2018

Haymaker's Punch and Chia Chocolate Pudding

Yesterday I made this recipe of Haymaker's Punch or Switchel, as it is also called.  This is an attempt to get B some probiotics.  The only thing she'll eat with probiotics is yogurt.  And she isn't supposed to do dairy.  She's now taking some supplements, but I'm trying to get everyone in the family to start eating better as well.

I made the Punch really concentrated and bottled bottled seltzer water.  I think the sparkling water over ice will be appealing.  I also put in a bit more maple syrup and a bit more lime than the recipe called for.  Gotta get over the vinegar flavor that everybody turns up their nose at.

The chia seed pudding, hopefully will be a success.  Chia seeds have omega 3 lipids in them.  Also lots of other good stuff I can remember right now.  The pudding was super simple to make.  Only took a few minutes.

Update!  Currently, I am the only one drinking the Haymaker's Punch but at least I'm enjoying it!

I think the chia chocolate pudding is ok.  I'm getting used to it.  I will probably make it again and maybe make it a tiny bit sweeter.  But S actually ate some this morning!  Or at least I saw him take some.  I don't remember actually seeing him consume it.

Tonight I made a great one pot dish with sausage, potatoes, leeks, garlic, a yellow pepper, some mushrooms and some baby Swiss chard.:(  I thought it was delicious. Everyone ate it, though some carefully picked through so as not to eat the yellow pepper or the chard. :(

Update again!  This post is now a couple days old.  The delay occurred because I took photos on my phone but for some reason I can't get them off my phone and here in this post.  So I give up.



No comments:

Post a Comment