Friday, November 10, 2017

This week has flown!

Wow!  I can not believe a whole week has gone by.  Just think, at this time last Friday I was fighting a migraine and trying to finish packing for a weekend get away.  We did have a lovely, lovely time.  It was not long enough.  I could have stayed a couple more days quite happily.


This young man keeps us busy too!

This week has been super busy.  The good news is my knee only went out on me twice and my back only twinges a bit when I pick up something heavy.  My neck continues to be a bother though.  Still, with the subsiding of major pain, I got my groove back, sorta.  I even cleaned my bathroom, dusted and vacuumed my room this week!

Today is H's 27th birthday.  Her husband's birthday was yesterday.  Hopefully, we'll see them on Sunday evening for dinner to celebrate. 

Poor B is exhausted and overwhelmed from everything and tonight is opening night for Man of La Mancha.  She came home from their full dress rehearsal late last night actually feeling pretty good about it.  So that's hopeful.  I think I will go see it tonight.  Maybe R and others can see it Saturday night.  Not sure about the Sunday matinee.

S has started his job at Chipotle yesterday.   He got to work at 4 and didn't get home until 12:30 a.m.  He took an Uber home.  He is exhausted and overwhelmed too.  R and I keep telling him he has to advocate for himself.  He said he wanted to work 3 or 4 days a week.  He's going to school full time and he can't work full time too.  But they scheduled him for 37 hours this week.  He had to work the cash register all night.  Everyone else there speaks Spanish but him so he felt kind of awkward.  And then he said it took him 2 hours to clean up.  He had to sweep and then mop the 'lobby,' wipe down all the tables and chairs, clean the soda machine area and take out the trash.  He said the other workers were all in the kitchen and it took them 2 hours to clean the whole thing as well.  I think they'll probably get faster and more efficient as they get accustomed to it.  It's a brand new restaurant and I think everybody but the manager is brand new.  And six people they hired quit during the training session.  I think they are understaffed right now.  So hopefully, S will get things ironed out about how much work they schedule him for.  Also he needs to register for next semester at the CC. 

Alright, my thoughts are just rambling.  Time to move away from the keyboard and do something!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, they often have to tell them 5 times (and then remind them periodically) that they only want 20 hours a week. Brian deals with that at Best Buy, also.

    ReplyDelete