Friday, November 3, 2017

Anniversary Weekend!

You can't really tell but the candle was still burning inside the jack o lantern All Saints morning!

Well, Halloween has come and gone.  All Saints Day too.  Today is All Souls Day and I usually go visit my family's graves on this day, but I had to work and then didn't have quite enough time before I had to get B to rehearsal to really go there and back.  It's only about 25-30 minutes away, but in rush hour traffic. . . . I am always sad on this day though because this was my Mom's birthday.  I still miss her every single day.  My head was full of memories of her as I drove to work this morning.  And then as I got out of the car I heard a train whistle and a train rumbling by.  Those are sounds of my very young childhood.  When I was six or so the trains stopped running and they eventually became a bike path.  But when I was very young the train went by my house (a half block away) and we'd run down and ask the engineer to blow the whistle for us.  And he would!  It was loud!  My little 4 year old knees would tremble but I loved it too!

Tomorrow Rick and I go away for the weekend!  This Sunday we'll have been married 29 years.  I think we need a weekend away.  I feel like we are on autopilot lately when it comes to our marriage.  I always like traveling with him though.  He's the perfect travel companion.  We just get into sync and relax so easily when we travel for some reason.    Not that we are traveling much but just going to a town a couple hours away to stay at a bed and breakfast.  We are going to see the Blackfriars players do Much Ado About Nothing.  I want to visit Polyface Farm, the Frontier Culture Museum and Rick, who has coincidentally been reading a book about Woodrow Wilson would like to see his home and library.

Update:  We've delayed leaving because I have a stupid migraine.  But it's mostly gone now, so here we go!


2 comments: