Monday, August 3, 2015

Minimalist Monday - 8/3/15

I haven't posted a Minimalist Monday since the first one, I don't think.

Anyway, we've not been going at the gung ho rate we were.  But the master bedroom is still clean and dejunked which is very refreshing still.  And the yard which was taking so much energy and was so overwhelming looks nice since I hired a regular lawn crew to come and take of it.  Cheating I know!

I did, this past week, dejunk the kitchen counters and the dining room.  I only got through the first level of obvious throw away stuff or stuff that had an obvious place it should be somewhere else in the house.  However, I still have to do the second layer where I have to actually plan WHERE things that don't have homes belong.  That's even tougher for me.  But I do feel that nesting instinct coming on that always precedes the beginning of the school year, so maybe I will get something done this week.

Another good thing is that I am trying to be more regular in housecleaning and for the past couple of weeks I have gotten more intentional about that, so that is a good thing.

I want to set up my own office in the study.  My desk is too small and centrally located amid the chaos of the house for me to really use.  That is why I hang out in the dining room so much.  It is away from things.  But the study is actually the ideal place, so I need to tidy that up and arrange things so that can be control central.

The thing I have been spending enormous amounts of energy on is cooking everything from scratch.  I am still finding that a completely daunting and thankless task.  I must persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment