Friday, May 22, 2015

I feel resolve kicking in! I've been waiting!

I have been in such a slump.  I loved being in Boston and Stockbridge but when we came home I felt blue.  Same old messy house, same old nagging sense of needing to get my act together (but I'll do it after I spend the morning on facebook!)

Argh!  The phone just rang again.  I thought we were on a do not call list but we must get at least 4 calls a day that are some kind of nonsense.

Anyway, Pentecost is here this Sunday and that means the Easter season is over.  Ordinary time starts up and that for some reason is giving me resolve to stay away from facebook, as I was doing for Lent and even before that.  So that's my first resolve:  1) Facebook on Sunday, Monday and Thursday ONLY.  And even then, I am not going to do much regular feed.  I really love my Catholic Relaxed Homeschoolers, Learning Latin, Georgette Heyer groups and that's about it.  There are a couple of other ones I like too and sometimes post on, but not that often.

Second resolve - this coming week is clean the basement week.  Big time.  I have already warned Josh, Sean and Becky and we are doing major stuff on Thursday and Friday and the days before that are major prep stuff.

Third resolve - get the academic work wrapped up within the next three weeks.  I am really going to push for that.  The exception to this is Latin for Becky which starts up and Sean will continue with Algebra II.

Fourth resolve - walk!  I walked a lot in Boston/Stockbridge and when I came home I kind of collapsed, but I walked on Wednesday and today.  So I am back in the saddle.  One thing I need to do is bring my camera with me because I have really been trying to notice things and appreciate them - and I see so much beauty.  I really want to take pictures and maybe post them here.  I can't remember enjoying spring so much before.  Thank you God for letting me have my 55th spring so I could glory in it!

Fifth resolve - my CSA is starting up in a week!  I am trying to plan out how I am managing that.  I pick up on Sunday afternoons - fresh eggs, herbs and veggies.  I need to plan cooking around them and also figure out how to preserve them.  So focus on food prep!

Ok, that's it.  Back to making dinner and getting Becky to her Music Man practice.


1 comment:

  1. Faith,

    I've been in a real slump too. Time for me to get my act together as well. I'd love to share your photos. Yes, take your camera with you when you walk!

    ReplyDelete