Life is rollicking along! Becky just finished her 3.5 week theater camp, putting on the musical Peter Pan, Jr. I think it will always be a highlight she'll remember in her life. It was one of those times where everything came together beautifully. They had 65 kids in the cast. All the staff were seasoned community theater people with the biggest hearts you ever saw. It was just one loving, supportive, full of life team. The guy who was the MC, a older man, maybe in his seventies, who obviously had spent his life in theater, wrote a beautiful moving poem about how sad everyone was that it was over. It was amazing! People in their 70s right down to 8 year olds, all worked together joyfully, some Christians, some not Christians, various ethnic groups and it was all about unity!
Becky was a mermaid and she was the best best mermaid. She really was! I can not find my charger for my camera of course. And my cell phone broke. When I can figure out how to put photos that someone shared with me on email. I will post them!
And what was really fun was Becky turned 13 on Saturday. The day she had two shows to do. It was a busy day. It started Friday night after the first performance. All the kids were so excited. So we wound up going to an IHOP. The cast members who were still there at midnight sang happy birthday to her. She slept in on Saturday morning, but then had to get up and go to rehearsal by noon. The show was at 2:00 and Granddad, Peggy, Tom, Susan, Theo, Andrea, Rick and Sean all went to see her. They came home and we had an early supper and cupcakes and sang happy birthday. She got some presents and then off she went again for the next show. I was there at the Friday night show and I also went to the Saturday night one. Hannah, Peter, Guille (our Argentina student) and then much to my surprise and delight, my sister Lisa joined us too. And as another nice surprise a group of girls from Becky's AHG troop were there as well.
We went right home after that performance, so Becky could get some sleep (though sleeping is hard when you are on such a high!). We got up and went to 10:00 Mass (which was beautiful! The choir outdid themselves). Then Becky and I grabbed a quick early lunch and off she went again to her last performance. She didn't want me there, for some reason. But her friend Stephanie came to the show.
In the midst of all this, Guille, our student from Argentina arrived. He's been here one week now. He is really nice and pleasant. I didn't know it, but in his school, they give a free trip to the U.S. for the student with the highest GPA. Actually, Guille, said there were 3 students with the same GPA so the principal chose him! I can see why. Nicest guy in the world! So far with Guille we've taken him to Great Falls, taken him to several grocery stores, a nice trip to Target, Chick fil a (to witness people dressed as cows to get free meals; it was dress as a cow day), 7-11 - to get that quintessential American drink: a slurpee. It was free slurpee day too. I think he thinks the U.S. is just full of gimmicks to get free food. I took him to Trader Joe's and there was free coffee and they were giving taste tests for their ice cream. America is great! LOL! He just likes to get in the car and drive around too. He saw Becky's play and Hannah and Peter took him bowling once. I do think he's a little bored because during the down time, Sean isn't especially friendly. It is a bit of a strain suddenly having to live with another person 24/7, especially if that other person doesn't speak very good English. Today though, I am taking the boys to Bull Run while Becky goes to cupcake camp. Then tomorrow I plan to take him into Washington to see Ford's Theater among other sites. The weather is supposed to be a good bit cooler. Rick is hoping to get off work on Thursday and wants to take Guille out on the boat. Josh is going too and maybe Hannah.
Friday we might do more sightseeing, if he isn't too tired and this weekend, we are planning to meet up with Lisa and her son at Harper's Ferry for some tubing fun. So this coming week should be good!
Josh is still happy in his work at the marina. He is a good boy. Seano hangs out with Guille, until he can't anymore, LOL. Then he practices his yo yo tricks, is teaching himself to juggle, or he watches all his favorite youtube channels and reports back on what he has learned, he's also been into revisiting an old game he hasn't played for a while: some Castlevania one. He's also been into poker and figuring out odds. He has played games with Guille but he wins all the time. I've played chess with him several times lately. I never, ever win against him.
Hannah addressed all her wedding invitations! Peter has a new temp job; don't know the details though. Will seems to be doing well up in Boston. He calls every day which is wonderful. Rick was incredibly busy up until Friday. Now things have settled down a bit, so that's nice. I was worried about all the stress and lack of sleep for him. We are not getting any younger!
And today I really must finish filling out Becky's forms for AHG camp. She's going away the last week in July.
No comments:
Post a Comment