I changed the template for this blog (if you haven't noticed)!. Something summery. I am just into housekeeping all over.
My house still has deep pockets of clutter though. I just move so very slowly through all this. It's like torture to me to do this stuff. But I truly am slowly making progress. The big thing I have to concentrate on is getting stuff out of the house. I have now donated three different times since the beginning of June. But I have a lot more to go through. Still, it is slowly getting done. I have now resigned myself to the fact that it is going to be a summer long project, instead of just the month of June.
Today, the floor cleaners are coming. I still have tons to do to prep for them, plus I have to get myself showered, Becky up and to camp and other little things. I am actually nervous about them coming. Not sure what I'll do with the dog, except that she is scheduled to have a bath and nail clippings, etc at noon.
I am jamming a lot of junk into the study and mud room. Then the rest of the house will be clean, except those two rooms. And I'll work on them throughout the rest of the summer.
We still have a huge hole in our basement ceiling. That won't be taken care of until 7/14 or so. Depends on when the guy actually shows up. Plus, the dining room wall has holes in it too. Still trying to decide if it is really necessary to re-wallpaper. Probably it is at some point, anyway.
I had lawn people come (who seem to do everybody else's yard in the neighborhood). They spent so long weeding. I kept telling myself - just gotta get there and get started, but man, if it took 4 guys that long to do it, there wasn't a chance in hell for me. They did an excellent job though. The yard looks so good. And they cleaned the gutters!!!
Window cleaners are also coming in 7/14. I can't wait until my sunroofs in my porch aren't a muddy brown anymore!
And on July 5th, guys are coming to vacuum out our air ducts. Woot!
Clean, clean, clean.
Two more big projects: clean garage, and get chimney sweeps to clean fireplaces
Josh has gotten so tan from working at the marina. He really, really likes it. He now knows how to open up the marina and get everything set up for customers. He's really learning his boating lingo. He comes home so caked with dirt and sweat the first thing he does is take a shower. My Josh, who was so oblivious to how he looked, now shaves regularly and went and got his own hair cut before I said anything! And he's decided he needs to work on his abs. So I've found him doing sit ups and stuff. He's really opening up (for Josh) too. He just wasn't happy in school. He needed to get out and work, I think. I am trying to talk him into checking out land surveying as a possible career. You can apprentice for it in Virginia. It means he'd be working outdoors (which he likes) and it means using a lot of math (which he likes). To me it sounds like the perfect job for him.
Sean is also getting fit. He has been biking a lot lately. Combining that with his workouts with Noel, he's getting really strong. There are some really steep hills around here, but lately Sean hasn't had to get off and walk his bike. He's been able to peddle right up them. Noel was saying how much stronger he is this year compared to last. But Sean says he needs to work on his arms. I think maybe both Josh and Sean would be into weight lifting. At least a little bit. Sean was saying he needs gym so he can bench press.
Becky loves, loves, loves her theater camp. She's in heaven basically and made a new best friend (actually a girl she was friendly with a couple years ago and now it is has been reignited because they happened to be at the same theater camp.)
Will had a big concert on his birthday. He said it was fun and everything, but they didn't even break even on the snacks they provided. No one donated anything. Lots of M.I.T students were there. Tightwads! LOL. Will is all excited because he is helping his friend from the Sudan fund raise for opposition to the Sharia government there. His friend has been jailed by the government. His crime was he was playing music after the 11:00 nationwide curfew. Crazy evil people.
Hannah is busy as usual working, going to school, planning a wedding, looking for an affordable apartment, helping out around here, socializing, etc. She's busy!
Poor Rick is so busy too. I am a little worried about him. But hopefully, with the 4th coming up, he'll get a day to really relax and sleep. We aren't planning anything big for the 4th. Josh has to work though, but he gets the best view of the fireworks they say. I want him to take pictures, if he can.
Ok, that's it . Gotta get ready for the cleaners!
It is really interesting reading about what your family is doing. It all sounds good. I like that phrase "deep pockets of clutter." I have those in my house, too, but haven't gotten energized to really work through them. I am in that mode where I sort of want lots of clutter around me.
ReplyDelete