I woke up feeling very blessed. I like having everyone home and the amount of life generated by 5 children plus one guest. We attended the Mass of the Lord's Supper on Holy Thursday which was beautiful and sad. Becky and I went to confession on Good Friday morning and the priest was wonderful; so full of solace and wisdom. Good Friday night we went to the Living Stations at church. Josh played Pontius Pilate again (it's a gig he does every year!). Holy Saturday we hosted a Passover dinner with Rick's father, brothers, sister in law and niece and nephew. Then Saturday evening we attended a glorious Easter Vigil, starting with the bonfire outside, filling the church with our lit candles. We heard the seven readings that trace our covenantal history, the beautiful choir singing psalms between each reading. Then the church filled with light as we finally sang the gloria. We had three baptisms, two adults and one young girl of about 8 or so. Then we had 11 people come into full communion with the Church through confirmation. It was so joyful and beautiful. We finally got out around 11:00 p.m. Most of the family went out to the all night diner, but Josh and I came home. I put together easter baskets and then went to bed.
Today we'll hunt for Easter Eggs even though everyone is getting too old for it. How does one gracefully stop these little traditions as the kids become older? I haven't figured it out.
Rick will make matza brei for breakfast. And Hannah and Peter have promised to make Easter dinner. So I plan to take a long hot bath while they are cooking! Will has to go back to school tonight though and Hannah and Peter go back on Monday afternoon. And also tomorrow, I will probably have to meet with the new school and I also have to take Sean to his physical so he can attend the school. It's funny because he's been to so many doctors lately but I never did get him to his plain old physical!
Anyway, I am not going to think about all that now. I'm just going to relax and enjoy Easter day.
Happy Easter and may God bless you!
Happy Easter! I think we might have matzoh brei for breakfast tomorrow.
ReplyDelete