And I found this treasure:
Since we've been involved in 4H, we've had two Austrian gentlemen come to stay with us. One last summer, and one this. Neither Florian nor Raphael had ever seen the Sound of Music, so both times we made it a point to watch the movie with them. They both seemed to enjoy it. Raphael just left us a week ago, so Austria and the Sound of Music were still fresh on my mind when I saw the above book. Well, I couldn't resist.
We also have a Christmas CD of the Von Trapp Family Singers. Beautiful. Not at all like the movie, which had great musical style singing, but in reality the family was very much formally trained and could sing a Bach cantata with the best of them!
| It's a little early to be thinking of Christmas , I guess. Must be my longing for cooler weather! |
No comments:
Post a Comment