Monday, December 23, 2019
Classics Club Spin #22 Is . . . .
No. 13! Which on my list means I get to read The Tempest by William Shakespeare by January 31st. I am up for it! It's funny because a few weeks ago a booktuber, whose channel is named Totally Pretentious* asked for help narrowing down what he'd read next and one of his choices was The Tempest. And I voted for that. I joked that he could read it for me and I'd watch his review. You see, I saw an incredible production of the The Tempest at the National Shakespeare Company several years ago. I really wasn't very familiar with the play. I read a short summary of it before going but that was it. I absolutely loved seeing that play. The production was gorgeous! The acting was wonderful! And ever since then I've been thinking to myself I really ought to sit down and actually read the play myself. So now I will! And I just so happen to have a No Fear edition of The Tempest on my shelves, no doubt, left over from when my kids took a high school Shakespeare course at our homeschool co-op.
*His name is Lukas and he's a PhD candidate in Psychology and an incredible reader. I really like his channel a lot. Just a super smart, thoughtful, nice guy who really enjoys the intellectual life and learning about high culture (art, opera, etc).
Check out The Classics Club!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment