Bye, Bye Birdie
B finished the first weekend of her musical Bye, Bye Birdie at a brand new community theater at a church about 40 minutes from us. It has been so tiring driving back and forth all the time but I think it is worth it in the end. B is really enjoying herself. The show is good! I saw it Friday night. The cast is great, the songs are fun. They did have some technical difficulties with sound. I didn't go Saturday night but some friends of ours did and they said it was good. Becky said out of all three performances so far, she thought Saturdays was the best. Yesterday, Sunday, R took his dad and lady friend and V to see the show. S and I stayed home and watched little Dylan. Then I had to leave to attend an event at church. But anyway, Rick said he enjoyed the show as did his Dad and Peggy. Rick said Peggy really did seem to have a good time and wasn't just being polite!
I am not sure of any pick up rehearsal planned this week. B has AHG this afternoon and she's looking forward to attending youth group on Tuesday night which she has had to miss due to rehearsal scheduling. This coming week the show is on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. J and S are going Thursday night probably. I'll go for closing night. Not sure about Friday night.
Environmental Stuff
We had a great Earth Day event at my parish. The Care for Our Common Home team hosted a speaker from Catholic University. A woman who teaches physics and astronomy there. She discovered a supernova back in 1997! She works with the Hubbel spacecraft. She gave a great talk. The universe is really big and complex, folks. And so far there is no life. There may be life somewhere out there but we probably have a small chance of ever finding out. LIFE IS PRECIOUS! We need to take care of this planet. As she said: There is no planet B! This is it!
Another thing is I am going to be attending a meeting this Saturday to start a zero waste campaign in our county! I'm excited about getting involved in that!
Anyone who is interested, I run a facebook group called Catholics for Zero Waste. Check it out! We are doing a group read of Laudato Si' for the Easter liturgical season.
Being Too Busy
I can't wait until the academic year winds down. I so need a break in the constant busy-ness. I want to purge my house, work in my garden and yard, cook lots of good food that fits with our diet, read lots of books, and hang out with my family as much as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment