Saturday, July 8, 2017

Current Projects - July 2017

I feel the need to un-jumble all the stuff that is going around in my head.

In my head, summer didn't really start until S left for Boston for 5 weeks.  Now I need to get serious about things I wanted to get done this summer, balanced with ongoing stuff as well as planning for the fall.

Summer Projects:
1)  Decluttering the house - room by room, drawer by drawer, I hope to get a substantial amount of decluttering done this summer, starting today.  My goal is whenever I can Monday-Saturday to focus on decluttering from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. My reward will be to take a shower at 10:00!  If I am really getting into it, I'll have time later in the day to continue, if I feel like it.
2)  Reading Teaching from Rest with the Catholic Relaxed Homeschoolers facebook group.  This will start next week at some point.
3) Work on American Solidarity Party stuff - podcast, state chapter meetings, various events.
4)  Drive people places - S is away for now but I still need to take V and B places.  Hopefully, V will get her driver's license this summer and B is supposed to be working on it as well.  J says he'll teach V driving.  She actually already knows how, she just needs to pass the driving test.
5) I really wanted to learn to crochet this summer.

Ongoing Projects:
1)  Work on my zero waste efforts
2)  Moderate Catholics for Zero Waste facebook group
3)  Re-establish house cleaning schedule.
4)  Keep up on my Latin skills - they disappear if I don't do something with Latin a couple times a week at
5)  Finish reading City of God
6)  Our backyard fence is really falling apart.  We want a new one and to reconfigure the backyard.  R says maybe we need to do some leveling.  Might need a landscaper.
7)  Attend to Eileen's issues.


Planning for the Fall:
1) Aquinas Learning Planning - this could take up a huge chunk of time.  I am not sure at this point what classes I am teaching and I have no idea what syllabus to use.  Trying not to panic!
2)  American Heritage Girls planning.  My co-leader does most of this (I am more of an assistant), but I am going to lead the Cooking badge work.
3)  Planning a garden in the fall.  A)I want to put a sycamore tree where the silver maple use to be (had to cut it down because it was dying).  B) I also want to fill in empty spaces in garden by the house by getting rid of dying bushes (something is killing them slowly) and replacing with azaleas and ground cover like Silverpire.  Both are natives to this area and good for pollinators.  The sliver spire I am looking at the Henry's Garnet which has white bottle brush flowers in the spring and turns a beautiful bright red in the fall. C)  Prune cherry trees (late summer/early fall) D)  Plant more hydrangeas along the fence line.
4)  Plan Environmental Science and Ancient History for B.  Ancient History I pretty much know what we are doing.  We'll watch  the Western Civ Great Courses video lectures each week and then make a timeline of people/events he talks about.  Environmental Science seems more of a problem in terms of planning.  Don't want it to be boring textbook stuff, but more multimedia and hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment