Friday, December 30, 2016

Looking Back at 2016

This was the year that Sean became a vegetarian and I had to plan meals for both carnivores and vegetarians.  About burned me out!!!

This was the year we took in a young woman and her baby and have been immeasurably blessed by it (but also I have discovered how introverted I really am).

This was the year we renovated three and a half bathrooms.  Lots of noise and disruption that went on and on and on.  Our bathrooms are great now!  But the romance of renovating is completely over with me.  I can barely stand to watch an HGTV show anymore.

This was the year of Becky's musicals, Oliver and Little Women.  Little Women was great (well, both were great!), but Little Women is a really underrated musical that should be better known.

This was the year I went camping and found out I loved it (as long as the weather is cool).

This was the year I started a Master's degree in Theology and realized that while I love learning theology, I really don't want to have to deal with the stress of exams and due dates for papers when I have so much else going on in my life.

This was the year Will and Sean went to Poland to attend World Youth Day.

This was the year I took a real adult level Latin course and enjoyed it.

This was the year I felt the most relaxed at Aquinas Learning.  I am just teaching Latin 1 and it is
great!

This was the year I read many mysteries written by British women.  I began the year reading Dorothy L. Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries and ended the year reading Ruth Downie's Medicus series.

This was the year I finally read (listened to, actually) The Life of Samuel Johnson by James Boswell.

This was the year I joined the American Solidarity Party and met some really wonderful, intelligent, conscientious people.




No comments:

Post a Comment