Friday, December 5, 2014
I am not usually like this
I don't usually see God working directly in my life. I tend to be more abstract and theoretical. I think this makes me feel spiritually dry a lot of times. Anyway, it has been a humbling sort of week for me in several little ways that all combined together to make it upsetting. So last night I was trying to find something to read and feeling restless and unhappy. Sitting on my bedside table for about a year now, unread, was Strange Gods, a book by Elizabeth Scalia. I had bought it on impulse and then decided it wasn't really appealing. But for some reason last night I picked it up, blew the dust off it and started reading. And it was like she was talking directly to me. It was so clear and on point that I started laughing. So I just want to thank Jesus for being there when I really needed him (in my small, First World way) via Scalia's penetrating honesty and good common sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment