Saturday, June 21, 2014

Achey-breaky Me

Rough week.   Every part of my body decided it was old and hurting this week.  My eyes keep stinging and watering - maybe too much computer? Plus the issues that make me suspect cataracts continue.  My GERD and my IBS both decided to flame up.  My kidney stone pain came back.  I was whimpering on the couch for a couple of days there.  The arthritis in my hands, especially my thumbs, really flared up.  I am developing a little knot on my left thumb knuckle.   And my feet were killing me and the pain even shot up my right leg - maybe hamstring?  Ugh.  Because my GERD was so bad, I was having actual painful throat spasms, I have cut way, way down on coffee or any caffeine.  That means I am really slow moving and grumpy.   I have been subsisting on bananas and yogurt for breakfast and chicken and rice for other meals, except when I am just having chicken bone broth and those ak mak sesame crackers.   And I've been drinking lots and lots of water.  So I am feeling better.  But it is taking awhile.  Anyway, I probably should get to the doctor, but there was too much going on and I didn't have the energy to do that as well.  We had a huge leak in our finished basement which resulted in a gaping hole.  The plumber came on Thursday and fixed the leak but had to ruin the dining room wall in order to get to the leaking pipe.

In addition to that Sean is having a rough time adjusting to not being in school.  It is so irrational.  He complained and complained about school but now he's out he's sunk into such moodiness and his behavior has regressed.  Poor Seano, damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  The trick is to keep him busy but I was feeling so low I couldn't really do it.

The week wasn't all bad though.  We found out that Josh scored in the upper 2% on his IQ test!  So now we need to find out what he's supposed to do with all that smartness that is bottled up inside of him.

Will came home yesterday to accompany Becky at her voice recital.  They did well but not as good as when they are sitting in the family room jamming and singing together.  That's so much fun.

Tonight we are going to celebrate Will's 22nd birthday a week early while he's down here.  He goes back to Boston Sunday morning.  Ok, I better get busy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment