Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My latest love




I treated myself to this lecture series by The Teaching Company.  I've been eyeing it for years now and I finally decided I was worth it (and it was on sale!) so I bought it.

I have been speed watching it; 3 or 4 lectures a day.  I am in love!  With the topic and with Dr.Seth Lerer who is  a wonderful lecturer.  The whole thing is fascinating.

So far the kids just kind of come by and watch for a few minutes and then wander off, so I have no idea if I'm actually 'strewing' anything here.  But I'm only up to lecture 21.  I've been telling them my latest daydream is to go back to school and get a Masters in Linguistics.  They kind of think that is a cool idea.  However, I'm not sure my husband thinks so, as he's the one who is trying to save for higher education for our five children, two of whom will be in college next year, with the remaining three close on their heels.  And the oldest has already announced she's thinking of law school!  Ah.  Sigh.  But I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment